Thursday, July 28, 2011

First 2000 miles on my 2010 Z1000

So after the test ride I posted my 1991 Vmax 1200 on craigslist and sold it.
The money went as a deposit for a new 2010 Z1000 leftover (hence the name "lefty").



Brake in was a breeze, I changed the oil at 520 miles.
I had some knocking noise that i thought was from the clutch, it turns out I had to tighten the chain some.



At about 1300 miles my wife and I took it up to Asheville NC for our anniversary.
The back seat is a bit cramped for her but we managed to get there through the beautiful twisty roads of Lake lure with no problem.

 

At  2000 miles I put it on the Dyno (bone stock) just for kicks.
The results didn't surprise my that much, a big, wide power band of about 115 RWHP from 7K  all the way up to the rev limiter.

It was very hot and humid that day (the Dyno was on a truck outdoors),
but I'm still happy with the results, It's a good place to start tuning from.



Gas milage:
I ride it pretty hard and still get 30-35 mpg.
That's 90-100 miles before the reserve kicks in and about 20 more miles to find a pump.

Reliability so far - Flawless.

I'll keep you updated when I can.
Thanks for reading.

2 comments:

  1. I just bought this bike and Im in Winston Salem.
    email me if you want to ride, Im fairly new rider so Im not draggin knees.

    sales@causatech.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sure thing.
    Nice roads around Blue ridge parkway.

    ReplyDelete